Have you ever wondered what the Bible says about a blessing prayer to bless someone? Well, today we are going to look deeper into the subject. Is it something we should always do? Why is a blessing prayer so important. Well, let’s first of all look at a few Bible verses about blessings, that come from God to bless someone we really love and care about.
Bible Verses about Blessings
An all-time favorite blessing prayer in the Bible can be found in Numbers 6:24-26. The Bible says God told Moses to tell Aaron and his sons that this is how they were supposed to bless the Israelites. This is what he should speak to them.
The Lord bless and keep you; the LORD make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.
What a great model to go by when it comes to praying blessings upon others.
Now back to the other question. Are we supposed to pray prayers of blessings for one another? Absolutely! The Bible says to rejoice always and pray continually. Also to give thanks in all circumstances for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
We should always have a prayer of blessing upon our hearts for our fellow man. Not only that but we should give thanks in any and every circumstance that we are going through in life. We need to rejoice because it does not matter what we are going through there will always be someone going through a harder experience. So the truth is that you do not have to go too far to notice someone either.
Now let’s look at some more Bible verses about blessings from God to bless someone. I pray that these Bible verses about blessings might enlighten you.
Bible Verses from God to Bless Someone
Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well (3 John 1:2).
When I read this verse, I could not help but think that this is a model of a real friend. I mean we all need friends like this! Friends that will pray that we will enjoy good health and get along well in life. Good health is something that we do not need to take for granted, but yet we seem to do that every single day. I just love the book of third John!
Okay! Let’s move on to another blessing prayer! This prayer came from our most loving Savior Jesus Christ!
Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world (John 17:24).
This Bible verse always seems to tug at my heartstrings! It continually reminds me that Jesus prayed prayers of blessings for me long before I ever even knew Him.
I hope you never forget how important these verses are! They should serve as a reminder that God loves you beyond measure! Please take these Bible verses about blessings to heart! I promise! You will not be the same if you do!
Obedience – Bible verses about blessings to bless someone examples
- “If you will diligently listen to the voice of the LORD your God, and do that which is right in his eyes, and give ear to his commandments and keep all his statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you that I put on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, your healer.” (Exodus 15:26)
- “He will love you, bless you, and multiply you. He will also bless the fruit of your womb and the fruit of your ground, your grain and your wine and your oil, the increase of your herds and the young of your flock, in the land that he swore to your fathers to give you.” (Deuteronomy 7:13)
- “For if you truly amend your ways and your deeds, if you truly execute justice one with another, if you do not oppress the sojourner, the father-less, or the widow, or shed innocent blood in this place, and if you do not go after other gods to your own harm, then I will let you dwell in this place, in the land that I gave of old to your fathers forever…” (Jeremiah 7:5-7)
- “Thus says the LORD of hosts: If you will walk in my ways and keep my charge, then you shall rule my house and have charge of my courts, and I will give you the right of access among those who are standing here. Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, you and your friends who sit before you, for they are men who are a sign: behold, I will bring my servant the Branch. For behold, on the stone that I have set before Joshua, on a single stone with seven eyes, I will engrave its inscription, declares the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of this land in a single day…” (Zechariah 3:7-9)
Bible verses about blessings
- “May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.” (Psalm 20:4 NIV)
- “And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19 NIV)
- “Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.” (Psalm 34:8 NIV)
- “May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.” (2 Corinthians 13:14)
- “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.” (Matthew 5:9 )
- “The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters.” (Psalm 23:1-2)
- “Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.” (Proverbs 16:3)
- “The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.” (Numbers 6:24-26)
- “If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth.” (Deuteronomy 28:1)
- “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.” (Philemon 1:25)
- “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” (Galatians 5:22-23)
- “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11)
- “May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.” (Psalm 20:4)
- “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” (Jeremiah 17:7-8 NIV)
- “How abundant are the good things that you have stored up for those who fear you, that you bestow in the sight of all, on those who take refuge in you.” (Psalm 31:19)
- “Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord.” (Proverbs 16:20)
- “A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.” (Luke 6:45)
- “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.” (Luke 6:27-28)
- “Worship the Lord your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you.” (Exodus 23:25)
- “For I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.” (Deuteronomy 30:16)