Maybe many of you already have heard about simple, but very clever prayer method and plan – five finger prayer. This prayer method was proposed by Pope Francis years before he became Pope. It is an easy way to pray anywhere you are at the moment. This prayer system is really easy to memorize, so these prayer principles are suitable not only for everyday prayer for adults but for children as well. For children, it is an interactive and funny way to step easily into prayer world and to learn how to pray. It helps them to concentrate on prayer and to understand for whom the are praying.
Let us look closer to the five finger prayer system. Using the fingers on your hand, start with the thumb and pray these intentions in this order.
Five finger prayer method plan, order and intentions
- 1st finger – For the ones we love. The thumb is the closest finger to you. So start praying for those who are closest to you. They are the persons easiest to remember. To pray for our dear ones is a “Sweet Obligation”.
- 2nd finger – For the ones who teach us. The next finger is the index. Pray for those who teach you, instruct you and heal you. They need the support and wisdom to show the direction to others. Always keep them in your prayers.
- 3rd finger – For our governors. The following finger is the tallest. It reminds us of our leaders, the governors and those who have authority. They need God’s guidance.
- 4th finger – For the sick and weakest. The fourth finger is the ring finger. Even though it may surprise you, it is our weakest finger. It should remind us to pray for the weakest, the sick or those plagued by problems. They need your prayers.
- 5th finger – Pray for yourself. And finally, we have our smallest finger, the smallest of all. Your pinkie should remind you to pray for yourself. When you are done praying for the other four groups, you will be able to see your own needs but in the proper perspective, and also you will be able to pray for your own needs in a better way.
Also read: PRAYER POINTS FOR 2018