Prayer to overcome fear and anxiety with faith in God for March 27. We Christians have the heart of Christ and Jesus never have fear of anything but instead he was strong. God has not given us the power of fear but of strong courage. Let’s tell God in prayer to help us overcome fear today.
Bible Verse for Today
“There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.” (1 John 4:18)
There are different verse and chapters of the Bible that talks about how God himself is telling his people not to be afraid. God wants us to throw away our fears and focus on him. Most of the things we are afraid of are physical things. Fear does nothing good, it builds negative thoughts in us. We are afraid of people or afraid of facing challenges, but God wants us to be courageous in Christ our Rock. Joshua 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid…”
According to 1 John 4:18, to be able to overcome fear, we must have the Love of Christ in our heart. With that kind of love, we will be able to cast away our fears. The verse teaches us that understanding God’s love for us will deliver us from our fears. When we love him, we move closer to him and the more we move closer to him the more we are confident in him to confront fear and have power over it.
Prayer to Overcome Fear and Anxiety with Faith in God
Dear Lord, I thank you for the courage you have given me to face the challenges that are before me. I thank you for the strength you have given me. You have told me not to fear that you will always be there for me. Lord, I pray that you stand for me in all my ways today. I don’t want to be afraid anymore and I don’t want to feel anxiety. Give me the courage to overcome fear and anxiety in my life.
Today, I shall be courageous, I shall overcome fears, I will be on top of every situation, and I will have a victory In Jesus name. Amen.
Bible verses about overcoming fear and anxiety with faith in God:
- For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. (Isaiah 41:13)
- Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4)
- Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. (Deuteronomy 31:6)
- The Lord is my light and my salvation–whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life–of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)
- So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can Man do to me?” (Hebrews 13:6)