Thanksgiving prayer points. Bible verses with tips for praying. Thanksgiving keeps us in the right standing with God. “In everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” (1 Thessalonians. 5:18).
Thanksgiving Prayer Points
Thank God for everything you have and everything that happens in your life. But the most critical points in a prayer of thanksgiving are:
- Thank God for the gift of life.
- Give thanks for your faith.
- Give thanks for God’s love, help, and care.
- Give thanks to God for your family.
- Thank God for your friends and loved ones.
- Thank God for the good times together.
- Thank God for food and prosperity.
- Finally, give thanks for your country.
We are indebted to God because all that we have comes from Him. We don’t deserve the gift of life and all the blessings attached, but He gave it to us freely. So, God deserves our thanksgiving prayer points.
When we thank God for being the giver of all good gifts, we realize that we could not even exist without His blessings. Therefore, returning thanks to the giver of all shows God that we are grateful for what He has done.
God Awaits Our Gratitude
We must come to that state of knowing that all we have comes from God. He expects us to show gratitude for all His benefits towards us (James 1:17). Imbibing a daily attitude of rendering thanksgiving prayer points to God will drive our focus on blessings rather than our wants. “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28).
Give thanks to God every day
We are instructed to thank God for everything, whether good or bad (1 Thessalonians 5:18). Giving thanks to God in facing life’s challenges takes away grief and sadness. But when we live without gratitude to God, we become self-centered and arrogant. Then pride creeps into our hearts.
As Christians, It is essential to daily pray Thanksgiving prayer points. It will help build our relationship with God. The fact that we all have reasons to be thankful justifies why the prayer of thanksgiving is essential.
Every thanksgiving prayer we render to God as the fruit of our lips builds our love for God. It also proves our unshakable faith in Him. Every moment of the day is not even enough to count your blessings and pray thanksgiving prayer points.
Nothing we have is ours. It all belongs to Him. Psalm 24:1 says, “The earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof, the world and those who dwell therein.”
Related: Thanksgiving Dinner Prayer
Prayer of Thanksgiving Bible Verses
The following are a few thanksgiving prayer points to God to express our gratitude to Him for all His benefits towards us.
- Pray and thank the Lord for bringing you this far and for all His benefits towards you: “Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation” (Psalm 68:19).
His grace is what made all His good gifts available to us. This is why we must pray Thanksgiving prayer points until our last breath. It is important to thank God for yesterday, today, and tomorrow. We must cultivate the daily habit of showing gratitude to God. Knowing that we don’t deserve all the gifts we receive from God should cause us to give Him thanks at all times and for all things.
- Pray and thank God for always being there whenever you call on Him and for His protection, provision, and strength in your life (Psalm 18:3).
We need to thank our creator for His breath upon us, His presence that strives with us, our daily bread that comes from Him, His never-ending protection and guidance, and the list goes on and on. All these are the wonders of His works. Thank Him!
- Pray and thank God for the precious gift of Salvation. “The Lord lives, and blessed be my rock, and exalted be the God of my salvation” (Psalm 18:46).
We need to pray and thank God for giving us His only begotten son Jesus Christ, to die for our sins and reconcile us to Himself. This has brought us redemption and given us access to enjoying His grace. We don’t deserve it, but he gave it to us freely, so we should thank God for this.
- Thank God for making you victorious over sin and all the devices of the devil: “But thanks be to God, which gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ” (1 Corinthians 15:57).
Christians face temptations, trials, and troubles often in their life journey. All these are the devices the enemy uses to cause us to sin. But God has given us victory and is still giving us: This is a great thing God has done for us!
- Pray and thank God for the privilege to be at His service and to tell of His wonderful works to others. “O give thanks unto the Lord; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the people” (Psalm 105:1).
Throughout the Bible, especially in the book of Psalms, Thanksgiving Prayers are proclaimed by people who are suitable to carry out God’s purpose and task. The relevance is to remind us of what God has done for us, thereby showing God’s glory to others.
- Daily enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with Praises, bless His holy name (Psalm 100:4).
Prayer of thanksgiving should be a daily lifestyle for all Christians. It should be as natural to us as breathing. Doing this will make God know that we are very thankful to Him and He’s always there for us (Ephesians 5:20).
The importance of thanksgiving cannot be overemphasized. Thanksgiving and praise intertwine. You can’t effectively praise God without also being thankful to Him. When you use these thanksgiving prayer points and make it a habit of thanking God for what He has done, it brings you to the platform of receiving more incredible blessings from Him. He alone deserves our praise.