Intercessory prayer examples and Prayer Points in the Bible. Intercessory prayer is, where you stand close side by side with another man in the presence of God and support him with your prayer. When praying an intercessory prayer, one makes plea and meditation before God on behalf of oneself but most importantly for others. Jesus Christ, our Lord, shows us a perfect intercessory prayer example in the Bible. Bible says Jesus Christ makes intercession for us at the right hand of God (Romans 8:34).
Intercessory prayer example
Almighty God, you are the God who can do all things. You reign over all, power and might are in your hands. When you decree, it comes to pass. I praise you today and always, and I thank you for being God.
I pray for you today, for the Nations, that your word will have free course in the nations of the world bringing sinners to your love and turning them into Christ Jesus in salvation. God, I pray Lord for my friends and loved ones. They are yet to come to the knowledge of Christ Jesus that the Grace of God will translate them from darkness into light. They will accept Christ Jesus as their savior and Lord.
Father, I pray for fellow believers who are week spiritually, that they will be strengthened with might in their inner man by the Holy Spirit.
Lord, I pray for my country that your truth will reign supreme and that your light will dispel every darkness.
Today, I pray for Grace to abound unto good works that Christ may be glorified in me.
“I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.” (1 Timothy 2: 1-2)
In intercessory prayer, you allow the needs of others to take preference for your personal needs
In intercessory prayer, you allow the needs and burdens of others you are praying for to take preference for your personal needs.
More intercessory prayer examples:
- INTERCESSORY PRAYER – we pray for others
- HOW TO PRAY for Healing for someone else – God will Heal the Sick
- PRAYER FOR THE HOMELESS, POOR AND HUNGRY
Intercessory Prayer Points
Intercessory prayer points for praying on behalf of another person or global needs. Use them as intercessory prayer examples of your daily prayer:
- For the Christian Church all over the world.
- For the heads of state and peace in the World.
- For the conversion and salvation of people around the globe.
- For those who proclaim the Gospel throughout the world.
- For suffering and deprived people around the world.
- For persecuted Christians.
- For families.
- For the sick.
- For the needs of the local communities of believers.
- For actual events and occasions.
How to pray this intercessory prayer points? Prayer is a vital part of our life and communication with God, our loving Father in heaven. Here are a few biblical principles for effective intercessory prayer:
- Pray from the heart.
- Pray with faith, knowing that God has all power and He loves us.
- Pray regularly. Jesus told us to pray, “Give us this day our daily bread” (Matthew 6:11). It means we should pray every day.
- Pay in detailed request. Yes, God knows everything, but it’s good for ourselves to clearly understand what we are praying for.
- Pray fervently. The Bible tells us “the effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.” (James 5:16)
- Pray with love. God Is Love.
- Pray with a desire to help where you can. For example, this could be physical help and encouragement. It is good if you tell a person that you are praying for him. It will help encourage them.
Intercessory prayer example in the Bible
One intercessory prayer example we can find in Genesis where Abraham made intercession for the city of Sodom and Gomorrah. When the Lord told him about the impending doom on Sodom and Gomorrah, Abraham looked away from his present predicament (not having a child). He stood before the Lord in prayer, interceding for the city of Sodom and Gomorrah so that God’s judgment can pass over the city.
But Abraham remained standing before the Lord. Then Abraham approached him and said: “Will you sweep away the righteous with the wicked? What if there are fifty righteous people in the city? Will you really sweep it away and not spare[e] the place for the sake of the fifty righteous people in it? Far be it from you to do such a thing—to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike. Far be it from you! Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?”
The Lord said, “If I find fifty righteous people in the city of Sodom, I will spare the whole place for their sake.” (Genesis 18: 22-26)
Also, we can read intercessory prayer example in the Bible in Genesis 25:21 “And Isaac entreated the LORD for his wife because she was barren: and the LORD was entreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived.” Here we see Isaac praying for his wife.
In Acts 12, we also see an intercessory prayer example where Church asks to pray for Peter who is in prison. Acts 12:5 “Peter, therefore, was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.”
For example Paul’s prayers of intercession we can find in the New Testament. In Philippians 1:9-11, Paul prayed for brothers and sisters in Christ: “And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ – to the glory and praise of God.”
Greatest intercessory prayer examples come from the mouth of Jesus:
- Jesus prayed for those who crucified Him: “Jesus said -Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” (Luke 23:34)
- Wonderful prayer is in John 17. Jesus prayed for His disciples and for all believers.
- Jesus also prayed for apostle Peter in Luke 22:32 – “But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”
When engaging in the prayer of intercession, it is expedient for us to know that we need to rely absolutely on the Spirit of God to help us. The Bible says the spirit of God helps us in this ministry.
“Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: For we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.” (Romans 8:26)
God is looking for intercessors. It is a ministry that every believer should embrace. Then we will see God’s will birthed in our nations. We will know the will of God in the lives of our loved ones as well as sinners around us. And ultimately, we see God come through for us too.
Also read: PRAY FOR ME!