Amazing grace, how sweet the feeling, of knowing there is a power above all powers that is looking over your loved ones! Short thanksgiving prayers for family, for friends are already a tradition in a majority of families. These prayers may be saying grace before a meal such as a dinner or prayers at the conclusion of a family gathering. Sometimes, thanksgiving prayers for family may be in the form of sharing thanksgiving verses and scriptures from the Bible.
Short Thanksgiving prayers for family and friends
There is no formula for thanksgiving prayers for the family and friends. The following are a few examples of simple, loving, and meaningful short thanksgiving prayers for family for the different occasions and events in families.
Dear God, we are here to thank You for giving us this golden opportunity to meet, share, and be together on this joyous day and moment. We acknowledge that it could not have been possible without You. All we are beyond joyous to rejoice in You in this special family gathering. We are grateful for good health, and providence that You have bestowed unto us. Please remember those who cannot be with their families and loved ones because of various reasons to be with them and comfort them. Thank You, God, for everything that you have continued doing for this family. In Jesus’ name, we pray, Amen.
Our omnipresent Father who dwells in Heaven, It is with enormous pleasure that this family is gathered here today. There is a lot that is going on in this world, but we cannot afford to miss the blessings upon our lives and the fact that it is You who have made this meal possible for us. We are here to offer our thanks to You for this meal that we are about to devour. We also pray for people who are not able to be with their families this day and even those who don’t have a meal to enjoy this day. Let them find comfort in You and your abundance. Thank You so much for your blessings. In your Holy name, we pray, Amen.
When it comes to citing a thanksgiving prayer for family, the words for the prayer best emanate from the heart. This may sound and be easy for some people, but it can also be challenging for others. Some people may find it is difficult to get the right words for the prayer especially in instances where there are many people listening.
- THANKSGIVING DINNER PRAYER Thanksgiving Day
- CHRISTIAN THANKSGIVING PRAYER – Prayer Guide
- THANKSGIVING PRAYER POINTS Bible suggestions
There are many verses from the Bible with regards to Thanksgiving. One of these verses that stand out is Psalm 100 which states; “Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands! Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before His presence with singing. Know that the Lord, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations.”
Bible verses about Thanksgiving prayers for family
This Bible verse shows that it is with all the good reasons that families sing thanks in their gatherings and religious ceremonies. It is in proper standing to express and excite devout and pious affections towards God in all approaches to Him in ordinances. If your heart is in line with the words that you are saying and singing in thanksgiving, you will make melody in the thanksgiving to the Lord Jesus Christ. However, if you say words of thanksgiving out of duty and because they are penned as they are, then there will be no meaning to such thanksgiving prayers for family or any other group. We are all called upon to praise God plainly. This praising is extended to the gospel-church. Christians are furnished with the matter for praise whereby they must praise the Lord for his being and relation to them, for His truth and mercy. All these are plain, simple and common things; more reasons to praise God and offer Him thanks.
- “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
- “And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” Colossians 3:15-17
- “I will give you thanks in the great assembly; among the throngs I will praise you.” Psalm 35:18
- “We always thank God for all of you and continually mention you in our prayers.” 1 Thessalonians 1:2
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” Philippians 4:6
- “That my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!” Psalm 30:12
Thanksgiving prayers for family are important because they not only remind family members of all the good things that they have because of God and thank Him for the same. It also helps families appreciate more about their lives and family relationships and not to take anything for granted. Thanksgiving prayers for family and friends create a culture of giving thanks to the God who directs lives and everything under the sun.
Also read: PRAYER POINTS FOR THE FAMILY