Thank God for this wonderful day that you has given us! Thank God for another opportunity to be filled with your love! It is a real joy that we are given the opportunity to experience a personal relationship with God.
The Creator of the world, the Ruler of the world, God Himself, does not despise our friendship. He descends into a relationship with us. It is an incredible success for the each man.
Human Need Number One
What is everyone’s need number one? It is not a good car, comfort at home, prosperity, a beautiful wife, an obedient husband, or good clothes. Human need Number One is A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD. Regular, personal your relationship with Him.
“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” (Matthew 6:33)
A personal relationship with God is similar to a relationship between people. Like all relationships, relationship with God have many aspects. It is mutual fellowship, trust, friendship, love, loyalty, etc.
- Prayer Definition
- Worship Prayer
- Thanksgiving Prayer
- Prayer of Petition
- Blessing Prayer
- Intercessory Prayer
Don’t get confused, it’s much more than just going to the Church on Sundays, saying certain prayers, or reading the Bible.
A true relationship begins when you know God and God knows you.
A personal relationship with God is the foundation. All the saints, all the characters of the Bible, the anointed, the strong, all who have left their mark on history, spent time with God.
Moses climbed the mountain and spent forty days with God. Moses was a man who regularly separated from other people to be with God.
The Psalm of David and everything we read about him in the Bible testifies that David had a personal relationship with God. Many of the psalms are the psalms of David, and they show how David put his relationship with God into praise and worship.
When important issues had to be decided, he asked for a cape to be brought to him. He spent time with God and received God’s guidance.
Daniel, a brilliant, anointed, and strong personality, a victor who could not even be touched by lions and burned by fire, fell to his knees three times a day in the upper room with windows facing Jerusalem and regularly spent time with God.
Jesus came at the same time as God and a man. He needed to either climb the mountain or go to some other solitary place, either at night or in the morning, as in any case, and spend time regularly with His Father.
Even before His death, He separated himself from the disciples in the Garden of Gethsemane and spent time with God. There He received the power to do what He was called to do.
We Need Personal Relationship with God
Unfortunately, not every believer understands the importance of having a relationship with God and strengthening it on a regular basis.
- God wants us to know Him better. The better you know God, the more you trust Him, the more you open your heart to Him, the more you love Him.
- God does not want to be a terrible, distant, and unknown God. In God’s Word, we obviously notice that He wants to be your friend who is always around and won’t let you down.
- God wants to give meaning to your life, give you His grace and blessing. But all this is valid only when you have a relationship with Him, when you know Him and accept His gifts.
- God is waiting for you, a pilgrim of the Earth, so that when you have completed your journey you will reach the home of Heavenly Father, the Kingdom of Heaven. Without cooperation with God, by your human strength alone, it is impossible to achieve this.
It is when you are alone with God that He gives you power, strength, and direction as a believer.
How to Develop a deeper Relationship with God
We need a personal relationship with God! We must practice our personal relationship with God. It need to be regular and planned. Relationship can be spontaneous, but it must basically be regular and planned.
Here are some tips for growing a relationship with God.
- Regularly during the day set aside time for prayer. Let those minutes not be occupied by anyone but a personal conversation with Heavenly Father.
- Get the habit of talking to God in your heart all the time. As the Apostle Paul advises, “Pray without ceasing.” With longer practice, this very pleasant habit emerges.
- Regularly read the Word of God written in the Bible. It is very important to know and understand what God is speaking to us.
- Develop a relationship with other people who believe in God. The communion of believers is very important. (Proverbs 27:17) Believers can encourage and teach each other, share experiences on how to have a relationship with God.
- Try, always to act according to the will of God. This will help keep your heart clean and free of sin that darkens your relationship.
- Have the desire to trust God. We all know from experience that when you are very eager, you are lucky enough to achieve what you want.
A personal relationship with God is certainly not as complicated as it sometimes seems to us. Perfect things are simple. There are no mystical rules and formulas here. The most important thing is to have a desire to love God. And God Himself will surely respond to the desire of your heart. When that happens, your communication with God will be joyful. You will quickly understand what is most important.
Blessed be my brother. Be blessed, my sister.