Prayers for family members are prayers for keeping a family together and safe. It is a prayer we say to ask God for help to solve family members problems and to strengthen your family. Sometimes our family members can be the cause of distraction and worry. Some your family members don’t have a personal relationship with God, so your prayer for these family members is essential. Remember the words of pop John Paul II: “A family that prays together stays together”.
Prayers for family members problems and strength
Heavenly Father I thank you for the family I am born into. I thank you that it is the greatest choice you made for me. I ask that you keep my family from all forms of evil in Jesus. God, I pray that your presence never departs from my family and that your purpose for my family be established. Let my family solve all the problems we face. May the plan of the devil to steal, kill and destroy never succeed against any member of my family. I declare that in my family everyone will grow in the knowledge of the Lord. God, I pray for strength to my family members. In Jesus name. Amen.
Our scriptural reference for importance of family prayer is taken from Joshua 24:15: “But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord”.
Joshua said to the Israelites, as for me and my household we shall serve the Lord because he knew the great benefits that lie in one’s relationship with the Lord. Beloved, if indeed you love your family you will know that organizing of special prayers for your family members will go a long way to help them. It’s long way to know the Lord and to have His divine purpose fulfilled.
Also 1 Corinthians 7:14, shows us the power of prayers for family members. It teaches us that we can by prayer help to seek of sanctification of our unbelieving spouse.
Do you know that even Jesus our Lord, while he was on earth, prayed to God over certain issues? (Hebrews 5:7-8). It shows us how powerful prayer. It’s cleat that we need to include a special prayer for family members in our daily routine.
Two major reasons why we must say prayers for family members:
- They are our loved ones.
- It is important that we pray for our family members. Then the Lord could protect them from the devil’s attack that can make them become a major source of distraction to us. In the Bible, we see how Abraham involved in a war with five kings because he wanted to rescue Lot from their bondage.
In special prayer for family members we shall be taking our prayer points from the passages of the Bible. Since the Bible is the word of God, there is no way one will prayer wrongly in accordance to it. Prayer is the involvement of the hand of God in making what we want to become possible. When God gets involved, it becomes easy to solve the problems, to get the result we desire.
- I command all the threefold assignment of the devil written in John 10:10 never succeed against my family in Jesus name.
- Like Joshua I confess that both I and the members of my family will serve the Lord in Jesus name.
- Heavenly father I pray that you preserve my family from making wrong choices capable of causing untimely death in any way in Jesus name (Ruth 1:1-5).
- Isaiah 54:13 O God according to your word, teach my children the way of salvation and let their peace be great in Jesus name (Isaiah 54:13).
- I rebuke the spirit of untimely death from my family and call that the promise of God for long life be made manifest upon every member of my family in Jesus name (Psalms 91:16).
- According to your word of God in the book of Ephesians 3:14-15 the name of my family springs from you let it be impossible for evil powers to destroy my family in Jesus name.
- O God expose by fire every serpent-like person sent to disorganize my family in Jesus name.
Read also: PRAYER POINTS FOR THE FAMILY